Copy-editing/proofreading and beta reading. I help craft and polish your writing.
Whether you need a little help to smooth and hone your style, a quality check to pick up the little mistakes that always seem to creep in, or feedback on your text, I can provide professional editing and proofreading services tailored to your needs.
My editing and proofreading speciality is non-fiction, particularly business and IT related non-fiction.
I beta read both fiction – particularly science fiction and fantasy, but also crime, YA and general fiction – and non-fiction.
I can help with your web content, blog posts or manuscript. How can I help you today?
Beta Reading / Manuscript Assessment
Is your story or manuscript almost done, but you’d like feedback before you submit or go on to pay an editor?
I will read your manuscript and give direct, honest feedback from a reader’s point of view, but also with an editor’s eye. Straight talking assessment from a passionate reader who loves books.
This service can be tailored to suit – let’s have a chat about what you’re looking for.
Copy and Line Editing
A line edit works at paragraph and sentence level, focusing on your writing’s flow, structure and style. The copy edit then looks at the language at sentence level – spelling, punctuation and grammar – and also considers logic and consistency.
Edits suggested are tailored to your writing’s purpose and audience – not just corrections, but also suggested edits to strengthen your writing for clarity and impact.
Copy and line editing are usually carried out in Microsoft Word using Track Changes.
Fact, citation and reference checking can be included if required.
Why should you hire me?
- I have excellent English language skills – grammar, spelling and punctuation… and a sharp eye for spotting errors
- I have been writing and copy editing for over 15 years
- I can help with business writing, technical writing and rewriting, including translating technical language and complex concepts into plain English
- I specialise in non-fiction editing, in British and American English
- I provide friendly, five-star service – I’ll do a great job for you!